Vitamin Water takes Singapore by storm
Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Singaporeans finally got a chance to try Hollywood's favourite drink when it arrived in town last December.
The six flavours of the drink available in Singapore currently are Power-C, Revive, Multi-V, XXX, Essential and Energy. Each flavour has a special blend of vitamins and a different fruity taste to it. For example, Power-C is dragonfruit-flavoured and contains Vitamin C and Taurine. Each bottle contains roughly 33 grams of sugar, less than half of what one would find in a similarly-sized bottle of cola.
The selection available in Singapore is a small part of the twenty-eight flavours Vitaminwater has in America. However, the limited flavours did not seem to deter Singaporeans' enthusiasm for the elusive drink.
"I've read about this drink on a lot of entertainment and gossip sites and have seen many Hollywood stars drinking it. Naturally I was curious as to how it tasted." Shireen Ho, 18, said. "I've waited for years for this drink to be brought to Singapore; I would have been happy even if they only brought in one flavour!" She exclaimed.
Supermarkets and convenience stores around the city area stocked six flavours of Vitaminwater and there was even a roadshow held at iON Orchard where free samples were given out to the public. Depending on where you bought it, you had to fork out between $1.65 to $2.20 for a bottle.
Youths were divided on the presence of the drink in school. Many students we talked to felt that the cost of Vitaminwater was relatively high compared to other drinks.
"It's okay to try, but I would not drink it on a regular basis because of the price." David Yeo, 18, said.
Other youths were ecstatic about it.
"Just a month ago I envied my American friends who can drink Vitaminwater anytime they want. Now that it's so easily available in school, I can drink it as and when I wish too!" 19-year old Jasmine Lim said. "The price is what they pay in the states so I find it reasonable," she added.
Like it or not, it seems Vitaminwater has ammassed quite a following for itself in a short period of time and is here to stay for a long time to come.
Click here to find out more about Vitaminwater.Labels: News